Upswing is committed to changing the world, one graduation at a time. We invite you to join us for one of our upcoming events, where we’ll bring you best practices in supporting student success, increasing engagement and driving retention.
Our next event is currently being scheduled and will take place in April. Please check back in the next couple of weeks for more information about the webinar topic, presenters, date, and time!
Unique Approaches to Supporting Black and Minority Male Students through Graduation
Dr. Adrian Haugabrook, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Social Impact Collective at Southern New Hampshire University, and Melvin Hines, CEO of Upswing, discuss how to re-engage stopped out students. In honor of Black History Month, they discuss Dr. Haugabrook’s experience re-engaging Black and minority male students and how those lessons can be applied to other students as well. In this webinar, you will learn about:
- The needed resources and support for increasing persistence among Black male students
- Ways in which non-HBCU institutions can foster the level of community many Black male students are seeking while in college
This is a great conversation for anyone interested in learning more about equity in higher education. Please enjoy!
Lessons Learned From a Decade of Online Tutoring
Upswing’s Tutoring and Operations Specialist, Shane Cronin, shares his experience and best practices as an online tutor and tutoring manager. Shane is joined by veteran Upswing online tutors who also share their experience tutoring thousands of students virtually. By watching this webinar, you will learn more about:
- How to create more connections and continuity between on-campus and online tutoring
- How to create trust and increase engagement with online tutoring
- How online tutoring can increase early intervention opportunities with more students
This is a compelling deep dive into how to effectively run tutoring programs in higher education. Enjoy the video!